Bars and restaurants in Ottawa are gearing up for a cross-border booze battle.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford said last week he’ll ban the sale of American liquor and wine at LCBO stores if the U.S. follows through with President Donald Trump’s 25 per cent tariff threat.
“I have sent a direction to the LCBO, if these tariffs come, to clear off every bit of U.S. alcohol off the shelves,” Ford said last week. “Let’s start promoting more Ontario-made wines and the vodkas and spirits.”
Speaking to media ahead of U.S. president-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration on Monday, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said he will have American alcohol pulled from LCBO shelves if Trump follows through with threats of tariffs on Canadian goods.
The threat sent Jeremy Gaulin racing to stock up. …