Nine supervised consumption sites in Ontario including one in Brampton will close on Tuesday as planned, despite a recent court injunction allowing them to remain open temporarily.
The office of Health Minister Sylvia Jones says nine sites that applied for funding to transition into government-approved service hubs will proceed with those plans.
The Ontario Superior Court of Justice granted an injunction Friday to allow consumption sites to remain open while a judge reviews a constitutional challenge of a provincial law that bans sites from operating within 200 metres of schools or daycares.
A tenth site in downtown Toronto that had been slated to close when the law takes effect on Tuesday said it will remain open because of the injunction.
An update on Peel region’s website confirms the closure of the Urgent Public Health Need Site in Brampton effective Monday.
RELATED: What drug harm reduction services will be available after …