Panel Discussion: G7 Hiroshima Summit & Beyond title=
Panel Discussion: G7 Hiroshima Summit & Beyond

Halifax: Huge inferno engulfs home after e-motorbike battery explodes [Video]

Nova Scotia News

This ‘horrifying’ footage shows the moment a lithium electric motorbike battery exploded, sparking a house fire which led to five people needing hospital treatment.

It captures a homeowner in Illingworth, Halifax, rushing downstairs in the middle of the night after being woken by a popping noise.

Seconds later, the battery explodes, lighting up the living room and engulfing the house in flames.

Five people inside the property at the time were taken to hospital following the blaze, which broke out at around 1am on February 24.

All had smoke inhalation, while one also suffered burns to their mouth and windpipe.

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (WYFRS) has now warned people of the dangers of lithium batteries and urged them not to leave them charging unattended.

Watch manager John Cavalier said: ‘While fires involving lithium batteries are common, having a video showing the violence of the fire’s development is not.

Russia's attempt to silence the Macdonald-Laurier Institute