With less than two weeks into the federal election campaign, the Conservative Party of Canada has already ousted four candidates from the race.
Three candidates in Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia were removed on Tuesday, while a fourth was booted late Wednesday.
Conservative party Leader Pierre Poilievre was asked about the removals on Thursday, and said that their “vetting process is stronger than all the other parties.”
“That’s why we have a zero tolerance for anyone who acts unacceptably,” he said during a campaign stop in Kingston, Ont.
The removal of candidates comes as some veteran Tory campaigners and strategists have said that the Conservative campaign needs a reset.
Here is what we know so far about the ousted candidates and the reasons behind their dismissal.
Story continues below advertisement
Mark McKenzie, a city councillor from Windsor, Ont., was the first one to be removed from the Conservative roster on Tuesday.
McKenzie was running in the Ontario riding of Windsor-Tecumseh-Lakeshore.
He told Global News in an interview …