How are First Nations
How are First Nations' fish farms transforming the West Coast?: Ken Coates and Dallas Smith
Why are Western Canadian oil prices so strong?: Rory Johnston for Inside Policy

Trump officials texted attack plans to a group chat in a secure app that included a journalist [Video]

Categories
Canadian National News
  1. Home
  2. News
  3. World
  4. United States

President Donald Trump said Monday he knows “nothing” about his top national security officials inadvertently texting war plans about upcoming military strikes on Yemen to a group in a secure messaging app that included The Atlantic’s editor-in-chief. (AP Video / March 24, 2025)

By Tara Copp, Aamer Madhani And Eric Tucker The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top national security officials for President Donald Trump, including his defense secretary, texted plans for upcoming military strikes in Yemen to a group chat in a secure messaging app that included the editor-in-chief for The Atlantic, the magazine reported in a story posted online Monday. The National Security Council said the text chain “appears to be authentic.”

Trump initially told reporters he was not aware that the highly sensitive information had been shared, 2 1/2 hours after it was reported. He later appeared to joke about the breach.

More from The …

Happily ever after? The case for marriage:  Peter Copeland, Andrea Mrozek & Peter Jon Mitchell
Happily ever after? The case for marriage: Peter Copeland, Andrea Mrozek & Peter Jon Mitchell
Canada-Japan cooperation to challenge the escalating threat of Russian disinformation: Marcus Kolga for Inside Policy